Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Dinning Room ~ Part 1

So this is what our dinning room looked like until about a week ago!

Our dinning room before



It took ages to close after we found the house so while playing around I found a great app, Home Design (when it doesn't crash, and you can't also add a second floor which they should fix) which I used to design the rooms in the house, below is a draft of the dinning room:

Draft


And then we started the painting  madness:
Valspar midnight


Next was the wall effect... I did not wanted to get involved on installing wall paper, so I decided to make my own stencils and stencil the walls:
Cutting mat + x-acto knife, + mylar (all can be found at craft stores)
I used the same color as the wall, but  in a sateen finish and  added some  Valspar paint crystals to the paint. The effect  is that when you walk into the room, you can lightly see the damask in a "silverish" finish, then turn the light on and it sparkles! 







Then we the help of  DBF (Dear boyfriend), he did it all with his friend. We replaced the existing "chandelier" and medallion with the ones below, a great  find back in the summer, where else? A thrift shop! 


The medallion was purchased at lowes, it comes in white and then  I used two of my favorite DYI  products ever, spray primer and spray paint.
But of course, I did not find the chandelier just like that, the way it is today, it took some elbow grease, primer, paint and a summer Sunday afternoon to make it half into what it is today, then I finished with the crystal after DBF installed it.


Before

At my sister backyard!



Before the crystals! 




Until next time when I will be back with more dinning room reno!

Sobe


5 comments: